Wednesday, September 25, 2013

New Places to Visit

If you have read my blog before, or if you are new, I want to introduce you to some items I have on the right side of my page. Before you read on, I must put a disclaimer.  I know that everyone has a cause that is important to them.  I understand that.  I value that.  I honor that.  I am sharing my current ones with you.  If you can donate, GREAT.  If you can't or don't want to, GREAT.  I will not judge you, talk about you, be annoyed by you or have any other emotion toward you.  That being said, please do not judge me, talk about me or be annoyed by me.  I just think these are worthy of a mention.

The first is the MS Society.  My brother-in-law and a great mentor both have MS.  They are important people to me, and I would love for the world to be rid of this horrible condition.  In order for that to happen, we need people to make donations to science research.  If you would like to be one of those people, click the link and head that way.

The next is Rainbow Connection Camp.  This is a camp for children, and siblings, with cancer or blood borne diseases.  A good friend was a camper and is now a volunteer each summer.  Through her, I have met several of the wonderful people responsible for this camp.  This also hits near to me as my brother passed away from childhood cancer.  I never had the opportunity to meet him, but if I can help others because of him, I will.

Third is Camp Compass.  This is a very new and exciting adventure that a former co-worker's sister has started with others.  The goal is to be up and running soon.  Their goal is to be a residential summer camp for kids and young adults with special needs.  This is super exciting....to be involved from the beginning!

Next, I have the Liz Logelin Foundation.  This foundation was started by the husband of Liz after her death.  I have followed his blog and just became caught up in the life of Matt and Maddy.  I have since heard of several stories just like this.  I have recommended this foundation to those in need.  But, it can not survive without assistance.

Last, I have the ALS Association.  I've known several people who have passed from this.  It is heartbreaking to watch someone who was once healthy just deteriorate before you--all the while being mentally there.

Again, please do not feel obligated, guilted, or anything else by this post.  I am just in a place at the moment where I felt the need to spotlight some special pages.  If you have other suggestions, I would love to hear them.  I might even spotlight them!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

1 comment:

that girl said...

glad to see you're back. :0)