Friday, January 2, 2015

2014....oops.......2015

Where did 2014 go?  Did I really miss it?  Well, I choose to say I LIVED IT!!!!  Not to say that if you are blogging, you are not living.  I just mean there was SO much going on, I just kind of forgot about blogging.

The 2013-14 school year was one of comfort and irritation.  My classroom was becoming comfortable, but my department was not working well.  Over the summer, we had the opportunity to "shake things up" big time!  We re-vamped and basically, I was the only person to return.  We hired 2 new people, and the other 2 worked in math, but not in the same capacity as they would be in 14-15. You would think this would be a scary, bad thing.  However, I was excited!  I had a new, old assignment, but I was thrilled with the people I would be working with.  Then, the other shoe exploded dropped.  Our Principal took another job, and our new person was hired less than a week before in-service week.  Our Assistant was new as well. So, my summer ended with a TON of changes.

*New Curriculum
*New Teaching Assignment (including Athletics for a few weeks!!!!)
*New Principal
*New Assistant Principal
*2 Classrooms
*New Curriculum Coordinator
*4 new teachers in the department
*New bell schedule
*New team members
*New Textbooks
*New Fiance!!!!!!!!  (This also brought about a giant move that isn't completed!)

All of those changes have settled down, and I'm getting into a rhythm.  However, there was one more change.....the new fiance changed into.....THE NEW HUSBAND!  And, true to my blog from July 20, 2013, those that are important to me received a post-card.  T and I went to Vegas!  It was a great trip and wonderful time.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I ♥ T !!!!!!!


No comments: