Sunday, May 8, 2011

Nature....

I spent two days this week out "in the wild". It just solidified the fact that I am a CITY GIRL! Give me the CONCRETE JUNGLE any day! Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed seeing the sites...but seeing them this much in such a short time was a little too much. Especially the mosquitos! We take our students to a U.S. Wildlife Refuge near us. This is a place where animals and wildlife live in their natural habitat. They are not trained, and it is not a park. There is nothing tame about these animals. We were told of a couple who were there a few weeks ago and saw a rattle snake on the road. They ran it over, backed up and hit it again. They admitted this to an employee who questioned them. They were promptly fined $400!!

Enjoy the pictures...and video.






























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know you're nuts.

Tammy said...

maybe his dinner is YOU!!

iteach7 said...

It was pretty amazing. To be that close to something that could kill you, yet knowing that we would be "safe".