Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thoughts....

A good friend often says "Feelings aren't right or wrong....they just are."  Is this true for thoughts?  When someone says they feel good or they feel bad, people inquire as to why.  If someone it upset by something, we try to fix it, but we let them feel upset.  We don't tell them they are wrong for feeling upset.  But, when people have thoughts, we do tell them if they are good or bad.  And, sometimes, we seek help for them if they have bad thoughts.  Or, we even put them in prison.  (Think people who want to murder someone.)  But can we have bad thoughts that are ok?  Recently, I thought something and really didn't like myself for thinking it.  When I shared with a close friend, she didn't think it was bad.  When I shared with my mom, she shared that she had a dream about the same thing.  I shared with another friend (I so wanted to be reprimanded for my thoughts!!!), and she thought it was funny.  So, I am totally confused about thoughts.  When do they cross that line to become so bad that you need treatment for them????

No comments: