Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thoughts....

Some things have happened recently that I've been thinking about.

--BYU suspended a player last week for breaking the honor code. It seems the player was having a sexual relationship with his girlfriend. Many people consider this a stupid reason for being suspended. However, I find it AWESOME!!! In the grand scheme of life, it isn't a "big" crime. But, it shows that he is not above the rules. He must follow the rules that everyone else has to follow. He doesn't receive a "get out of jail free" card because he is an athlete. This needs to be implemented at every level!!! Can you imagine our world if ALL athletes were held to the same standards as the rest of us? Just a few instances that would change....Kobe Bryant would have gone to jail, Ben Roethelisburger would be out of a job, and Dante Stallworth would have gone to prison.

--My nephew was featured in an article about how he has changed a client's life....literally!! It really made me proud to read about his accomplishments as a trainer. But what was really shocking??? I can't believe he is an adult! It seems like just yesterday he was a kid in school playing little league baseball.

--The "new generation." Why is it that they feel they are above the rules? That things don't apply to them? That it's ok to be lazy?? UGH!!!!! I really think we need to go back to how some things were in previous generations. Now, I could never give up my phone...love it!...or the computer or any of the new fangled technology. But, the everyday value systems really need to be revisited.

--Friendships. It's amazing how much a friendship can change in such a short period of time. It can grow stronger or fade in the same amount of time. I really appreciate most of the friendships I have, but there are a few that I am sad are not as strong as I would like them to be. And, it's mostly my own fault. But, I will get over it and if it is important to me, I will get it back. I hope I do...it would be too sad to lose these friends.

--Speaking of losing....In exactly 3 months, I'll be "losing" another decade. WOW does that sound strange! Most people find these milestones depressing. Not me. I'm thankful that I get to see the calendar change as I know some people who have their lives cut too short. Enjoy those birthdays!!!!!

--Work. A Reduction In Force is being implemented at my job. You would think this would make people think about what they are doing. WRONG! People are still self-centered and not focused on the big picture. If it doesn't "fit" their idea, it doesn't get done. But who is it hurting?? Our future!!!

--Twitter. I finally broke down and joined. Not up to posting a boatload of tweets, but I've had some "highs" from it. Oh, that will be conversation for another day....with Charlie Sheen...Oy Vey!!!


Well, I think I need to head to bed....this headache is coming back. Would someone please remove the 4,000 pound elephant wearing stilettos from my forehead? Thanks!

(If there are any spelling errors, it's not my fault. I'm tired, my head hurts, and spell check isnt' working!)

1 comment:

that girl said...

wish I could kick the stiletto wearing elephant in th ass for you.